Freedom from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder provides Dr. Jonathan Grayson’s revolutionary and compassionate program for finally breaking the cycle of overwhelming fear and endless rituals, including:
• Self-assessment tests that guide readers in identifying their specific type of OCD and help track their progress in treatment
• Case studies from Dr. Grayson’s revolutionary and profoundly successful treatment program
• Blueprints for programs tailored to particular manifestations of OCD
• Previously unexplored manifestations of OCD such as obsessive staring, Relationship OCD (R-OCD), obsessive intolerance of environmental sounds and chewing sounds
• Therapy scripts to help individuals develop their own therapeutic voice, to motivate themselves to succeed
• New therapies used in conjunction with exposure techniques
• “Trigger sheets” for identifying and planning for obstacles that arise in treatment
• Information on building a support group
• And much more
Demystifying the process of OCD assessment and treatment, this indispensable book helps sufferers make sense of their own compulsions through frank, unflinching self-evaluation, and provides not only the knowledge of how to change—but the courage to do it.
*This audiobook includes a downloadable PDF that contains resources from the book.
"Not just another self-help book, this is an actual course of interactive therapy that breaks the cycle of fears and ritual. Dr. Grayson's uniquely empathetic and effective approach offers readers the understanding and motivation they need to get well—and stay well."—Patricia B. Perkins, J.D., executive director, Obsessive-Compulsive Foundation